Monday, October 19, 2009

Phyllis' Birthday

Today is the birthday of our daughter, Phyllis. She is the oldest and is a grandmother. Somehow that doesn't make me feel old, just proud. She is still beautiful, keeps fit and works hard. She shows her love in many ways and we are happy when we are able to be with her. That's not often enough as she lives in Utah and we are in eastern Pennsylvania.

It's a beautiful sunny, yet cool day. I have fall/halloween decorations out and the weather is seasonal. From where I am sitting I can see out over the pond area. White tassels on the Pampus grass growing just outside the deck are waving in a light breeze.

Especially on a day like this I thank God for my blessings. We have five children, including Virginia who was killed twenty years ago; twenty-five grandchildren and twenty three great grandchildren. Two are coming at the end of this year.

I feel fortunate that I have been able to know all these progeny during my life and think of my ancesters who (perhaps) don't know them or me. I do geneology and last week spent time in the local LDS geneology library. I was able to get permission to do Temple work for my Aunt, who was the only member of her immediate family who has not had her's done. I remember, Virginia spoke with her sister two days before she died and told of having done a great deal of geneology work in the last months of her life. She told her sister she would know many of her ancesters when she saw them after she passed through the veil. I certainly don't want them to be disappointed that I didn't do more.

I am very thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am thankful for the atonement of Christ, and for our Prophet.

No comments:

Post a Comment